Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I Need A New Story . . .

It’s most annoying to have broken my left hand -- not only am I forced to type with only one hand, but the story of how I broke my fifth metacarpal is insanely boring, and I realized today, after telling the tale to yet another curious acquaintance,  I should have been lying all this time. It would have been so much more interesting . . .

“Oh no! What happened?”

I was gored by a bull in Mexico City . . .

I was fouled in the finals of the World Kick Boxing Championship in Barcelona . . .

I was broadsided by barracuda while spearfishing in Tahiti . . .

My vessel capsized in a vicious storm on the Cape of Good Hope . . .

I was struck by a mallet in the 5th chukker of a rousing good game of elephant polo -- if it wasn't the Prince of Siam who delivered the blow, I would have made an international scene over it . . .

I stumbled on the steps of the Taj Majal . . .

I was mugged in Calcutta . . .

My Sherpa was attacked by a snow leopard--thank god I was able to save him from certain death . . .

I had just discovered a new galaxy at Machu Picchu, when there was a rock slide . . .

Bungee jumping off the Eiffel Tower at midnight . . .

Oh this? A brawl in a bar in Athens . . . no, not Georgia! (credit CDP)

Chuck Norris will watch his mouth the next time . . .  (credit KW)

I flipped my dune buggy in the Mojave . . .

Camel racing in Tunisia . . .

Mistaken identity in an alley in Marrakech . . .

Becher’s Brook has never been lucky for me . . . perhaps next year’s Grand National will be the ticket

2 comments:

Robert said...

You were explaining to Mizz Rockbottom that the trip was over.

wolfy said...

That is the best one yet Robert :)